River Valley Community Church
Contact person: Dwight Bull email@example.com
The role of Pastor is to assist the elders in overseeing the spiritual life and vision of RVCC. The Pastor will have a firm grasp on the purpose, values and strategy of the church and the ability to support fulfilling its mission and vision. The Pastor will offer leadership to the congregation alongside the Elders, Deacons & ministry leaders.
A. A clear testimony of personal faith in Jesus Christ
B. Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, fulfilling the Biblical qualifications of an elder described in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
C. Definitive call to work in full-time Christian ministry
D. Agreement with the doctrinal statement of RVCC and EFCA
E. Skills and education commensurate with the position; bachelor or advanced degree and previous experience preferred
F. Proficiency in Bible teaching and preaching
G. Competency in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships
H. Potential and desire to remain in a long-term ministry at RVCC
I. Outward focus with a priority for evangelism and missions
J. Licensed/ordained by the EFCA within 18months.
3. RESPONSIBILITIES: Have primary responsibility for the teaching, maintaining Biblical doctrines of RVCC, facilitating spiritual growth of the congregation, and equipping God's people for ministry
A. Pastoral duties
1) Preach and teach the Word of God faithfully
2) Have overall responsibility for the corporate worship services
3) Lead the congregation in observing the ordiances of baptism, dedications,communion, etc.
4) Provide general pastoral care and visitation.
5) Perform weddings and funerals
6) Support and expand the prayer ministry within RVCC
7) Be available for limited Biblical counseling
8) Implement strategies to fulfill RVCC's vision and mission statements
B. Leadership duties
1) Provide overall leadership to RVCC
2) Commit to fulfilling RVCC's vision and mission statements
3) Develop leadership within the congregation
4) Oversee the development and implementation of ministry objectives
5) Represent the church in local events and ministerial relationship
C. Management duties
1) Oversee and execute the administration of the church through appropriate staff and lay leadership teams
2) Direct the day to day operation of the church office
3) Maintain open and effective lines of communication among the
congregation, elder and deacon boards, and ministry teams
4) Support ministries that reach out to the unchurched, inactives, and new residents of our community with the good news of the Gospel of Jesus
5) Support the assimilation of new members into the life of the congregation
6) Support all church ministries in their work of Christ, while encouraging congregational participation.